Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other Bestiary entries see the index.
Many forms of wolf are found in the world including Giant Wolves and Dire Wolves in addition to the standard variety. Giant Wolves are wolves which have been affected by Chaos, growing to twice the size of regular wolves. They are used as mounts by Goblins. Dire Wolves are Giant Wolves that have been possessed by undead spirits and brought back from the dead. They are most common in the lands around Sylvania in The Empire, and are associated with the armies of Vampire Counts.
Tome Unlocks Edit
|Task||Rewards||Order Text||Destruction Text|
|Encounter a Wolf||XP: 84||N/A|
|Kill 25 Wolves||XP: 204||N/A|
|View With a Howl||Title:The Howler, XP: 336||Blighted Isle: Explore Monster Habitat|
|Kill 100 Wolves||XP: 500||N/A|
|Picking Up The Pieces||Item:Hunter Master's Pelt, XP: 806||Praag: Complete a Specific Task||Troll Country: Complete a Specific Task|
|Kill 1,000 Wolves||Bestial Token, XP: 1050||N/A|
|Alpha in Bits||Beastial Tactic Fragment, XP: 1476||High Pass: Vanquish a Champion Monster||Talabecland: Vanquish a Champion Monster|
|Kill 10,000 Wolves||Title: The Wolf Tracker, XP: 1716||N/A|
|Fall Fur Fashions||Beastial Tactic Fragment||Reikland: Perform a Specific Task||West Praag: Perform a Specific Task|
|Kill 100,000 Wolves||Title: Wolf's Bane, XP: 1974||N/A|
Tome Text Edit
The howl of a wolf is an unnerving melody, and serves to remind many of the Empire's citizens that no matter how urbane their towns may seem, the wilderness is never far away.
Wolves, like other communal predators, hunt in packs. They have a complicated social hierarchy that belies their savage nature, and are known to use sophisticated tactics to distract their prey so that the rest of the pack can flank their target.
"A Wolf is an honorable foe. They're fiercely loyal, an' they mate for life, which is more than I can say for me wife.
"You see, a Wolf, he's killin' so 'e and 'is cubs can eat, I can relate to that. An' I'm tryin' to kill 'im because e's preyin' on someone's livestock. It's a simple balance. So, yeah, I'll take care of yer wolf problem. But I get to keep the pelts, deal?"
-Arvid Waldemarr, Trapper
- Graur R3 (Normal) - Nordland
- Doomsnarl R4 (Champion) - Blighted Isle
- Aatu R4 (Champion) - Nordland
- Melrakki R5 (Normal) - Norsca
- Bitemaw R7 (Champion) - Blighted Isle
- Blightfang R7 (Champion) - Blighted Isle
- Howlfang R7 (Champion) - Nordland
- Scarsides R9 (Champion) - Norsca
- Foul Tooth R10 (Champion) - Mount Bloodhorn
- Night Haunter R11 (Champion) - Shadowlands
- Darkfang R11 (Hero) - Shadowmarch Shadowlands
- Blackmane R13 (Champion) - Troll Country
- Stormclaw R15 (Champion) - Shadowlands
- Throatrender R15 (Champion) - Troll Country
- Blackfoot R17 (Champion) - Ellyrion
- Direfang R17 (Champion) - Ellyrion
- Grimbite R17 (Champion) - Troll Country
- Tornclaw R18 (Normal) - Ostland
- Bloodcur R20 (Normal) - Marshes of Madness
- Bloodclaw R20 (Normal) - Black Strand Barak Varr
- Abhiru R23 (Champion) - High Pass
- Gorehunter R25 (Champion) - High Pass
- Longfang R26 (Normal) - Black Fire Pass
- Sorenna R26 (Normal) - Talabecland
- Gloomhowl R27 (Champion) - Saphery
- Rotclaw R29 (Champion) - Geistfield Talabecland
- Stonefang R31 (Champion) - Black Crag
- Rockfang R35 (Champion) - Northern Breach Praag
- Fleshrender R39 (Normal) - Chaos Wastes
- Morra R40 (Hero) - Nordland
- Sarthain the Worldbearer R45 (Lord) - Lost Vale
- Mawtooth R15 (Champion) Troll Country 47k,46k
Butchering Wolves results in the following types of apothecary ingredients:
- Canine Tooth (Willpower)
- Wolf Blood (Restoration)
- Zoic Gore (Stabilizer)
- Animal Humor (Restoration)
Wolves appear in various shades of brown and few are pure white. Unlike Giant Bats, the different named types are a static colour rather than random.