Ulthuan is an island continent situated in the middle of the Great Ocean between the New World and Naggaroth and the Old World and Araby. Ulthuan is the home of the High Elves (and the ancestral home of all Elves by extension) and is in the form of a crescent, with a sheltered inner sea accessible only through the Straights of Lothern. It is divided into ten kingdoms, separated by the Anulii mountains into the Inner and Outer Kingdoms.
The Inner KingdomsEdit
The centres of civilisation, culture and power in Ulthuan, the awe-inspiring beauty of the inner kingdoms has been guarded by the Anulii Mountains for millennia.
- Avelorn, a magical forest sheltered by the mountains
- Caledor, a land of tall mountains, linked with Dragons
- Eataine, the most developed and powerful kingdom
- Ellyrion, a land of rolling hills and grassy plains
- Saphery, where magic flows strong amid peaceful glades
The Outer KingdomsEdit
Less sheltered the their inner neighbours, with a rugged beauty all their own, these kingdoms are the most open to assault and have seen battle numerous times.
- Chrace, a Kingdom of wild woodlands and hills
- Cothique, a land of vast desolate pine forests
- Tiranoc, a Kingdom mostly sunken beneath the Ocean
- The Shadowlands, a blasted landscape formerly called Nagarythe.
- Yvresse, a rugged cold land of deep fjords
The Inner SeaEdit
The Inner Sea is the central sea inside the crescent-shaped island continent of Ulthuan. The inner sea is comprised of the Sea of Dreams in the east and the Sea of Dusk in the west. The inner sea joins with the Great Ocean at the straits of Lothern and contains isles such as:
- The Isle of Flame which the Shrine of Asuryan is on.
- The Isle of the Dead where many restless souls remain and the vortex which drains excess Chaos energy away from the world is.
- The Gaen Vale or Lost Vale which is the spiritual heart of Ulthuan, home the Temple of the Everqueen.
- Lothern - Capital of Eataine and seat of the Phoenix Kings.
- Anlec - Ex-capital of Nagarythe.
- Tor Elyr - Capital of Ellyrion.
- Tor Achare - Capital of Chrace.
- Tor Anroc - Sunken ex-capital of Tiranoc.
- Tor Yvresse - Capital of Yvresse.
There are other locations in Ulthuan worthy of note not just by the Kingdom they are situated in.
- The Blighted Isle north of Chrace. (A zone in WAR)
- The Dragonwake and Mountains of Caledor in Caledor, which are both zones in WAR.
- Vaul's Anvil in Caledor.
- The Shifting Isles, an archipelago of treacherous and fog laden islands on Ulthuan's eastern coast east of Yvresse and Cothique which are known to change position, making them extremely difficult to navigate safely.
- The Finuval Plain where the Battle of the Finuval Plain was fought.