Below is a time line of events transpiring in the history of the High Elves.
History of The AsurEdit
The timeline lists general dates of major events according to the Imperial Calendar. The names of the ages of creation are credited to the Lizardmen from their source book. Whenever the date of an event is unknown, but it is understood to have happened after the given year, it will be listed as a subset of the given year.
The Asur do not have a detailed account of their history, understanding mainly that things have happened in the past. This is most likely due to the longevity of each High Elf. High Elves record time according to the reign of the Phoenix King. Each Phoenix King's reign is regarded as a separate historical epoch.
The Dawn of CreationEdit
- -10,000 The Old Ones experiment, bending primordial races to new and different shapes. Elves, Dwarfs, and Humans are created.
- Elves record this time as their Golden Age, or as The Reign of the Single Throne.
- -5,600 to -4,500 The polar Warpgates collapse. Chaos enters the world (also known as the First Chaos Incursion).
- The Old Ones disappear from the world.
- Dwarfs first encounter Elves.
The Age of RecoveryEdit
- -4500 Aenarion passes through the Sacred Flame to become the first Phoenix King of Ulthuan.
- -4420 The Elves create the Vortex to push Chaos off of Ulthuan. The Slann add to the magic to pull demons towards the southern pole as well.
- -4419 Malekith and Snorri Whitebeard (High King of the Dwarfs) combine their armies to drive Chaos from the Old World.
- The first High Elf explorers venture into the jungles of Lustria.
- -2839 Phoenix King Bel-Shanaar visits Karaz-a-Karak and strikes a peace accord with Snorri Whitebeard. The two races prosper until civil strife on Ulthuan recalls the Elven ambassadors.
- -2750 Bel Shanaar is assassinated. Malekith passes through the Sacred Flame in an attempt to become the new Phoenix King, but he is horribly burned and subsequently flees to Nagarythe. Chracian hunters save the life of the future Phoenix King Caledor I, and become known as White Lions. Civil war erupts in Ulthuan.
- -2723 The Sundering. As the intensity of the Ulthuan civil war increases, cataclysmic energies are unleashed, sinking Tiranoc and smashing Nagarythe to pieces. The Dark Elves, led by Malekith, raise the Black Arks and depart to the cold north to found the kingdom of Naggaroth, leaving the High Elves to rebuild their shattered land.
- -2188 The High Elves finally return to the Old World.
- -2005 Malekith sends Dark Elf warriors to harass Dwarf caravans, stealing gold and killing indiscriminately. Tensions rise between the Dwarfs and the High Elves (who are framed for the incident).
- -1999 High King Gotrek Starbreaker send ambassadors to Ulthuan in attempt to secure peace between the Elves and Dwarfs. When they ask for fair recompense for the damage the Elves supposedly caused, they are expelled and their beards are shorn. The War of the Beard formally begins.
- -1600 Phoenix King Caledor II is killed by High King Gotrek Starbreaker at the 14th siege of Tor Alessi (The Battle of the Three Towers) to bring the War of the Beard to an end.
- -1589 High Elf forces are re-called from the Old World to combat a new attempt by Dark Elves to gain a foothold on Ulthuan.
- -1501 Athel Loren is founded by High Elves who choose to remain in the Old World, who become the Asrai, or Wood Elves.
The Age of StrifeEdit
- 1812 The Skaven release The Red Pox a second time, this time on both Brettonia and northern Tilea.
- 1813 Brettonia strikes a deal with the High Elves. The combined forces break the siege of Quenelles and drive the Skaven back under ground. Over a third of the population of Brettonia have died in the plague and war.
- 2163 Finubar is crowned Phoenix King.
- 2305 Teclis founds the Colleges of Magic in Altdorf.
- Warhammer Armies : Lizardmen, Games Workshop, 2003
- Warhammer Armies : Dwarves, Games Workshop, 2000
- Warhammer Armies : Tomb Kings, Games Workshop, 2002
- Warhammer Armies : Kislev, Games Workshop, 2003
- Warhammer Armies : Beasts of Chaos, Games Workshop, 2003
- Warhammer Armies : High Elves, Games Workshop, 1993
- The Life of Sigmar, Games Workshop, 2000
- Children of the Horned Rat, Black Industries & BL Publishing, 2006