Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
- - Khornate Warcry
Khorne is described as extremely large and muscular, with the features of both a noble human and a fierce beast-headed monster sitting on a throne of brass, atop a mountain of skulls, in the middle of a sea of blood. The skulls and blood are described as belonging to all of the victims who are slain by his worshippers, members of the Cult of Khorne. Khorne wears armour of black and brass, and wields a mighty two-handed sword.
Cult of KhorneEdit
Mortal followers of KhorneEdit
Khorne has an immense following among mortals, his radiance of raw power and strong emotion beckons all who lust for battle to his side. Worship of Khorne is especially embraced by the more primitive and primal tribes of Norsca and the Chaos Wastes.
The followers of Khorne are almost all uncontrollable fighters, who excel at the art of killing. His warhosts count many savage Northmen and Beastmen warriors among their numbers. Khorne's followers share their god's straightforward philosophy on warfare, preferring to charge directly at their foes in order to defeat them in close combat. As such, Khorne's followers are generally berserkers that pay little heed to tactics or defense in their frenzy for blood. Khorne frowns upon the use of sorcery and trickery, and those pursuing the magical arts look elsewhere to find a patron for their studies.Unlike the other gods, Khorne's followers do not go to great lengths to build temples in his honor. Instead, they worship their god on the battlefield, praising him with battle cries such as "Blood for the Blood God!" or "Skulls for the Skull Throne!" His followers also offer him praise and attempt to win his favor by savagely attacking each other when there are no other battles to be fought -- and some times even when there are. It is said that Khorne is the easiest Chaos god to worship, because while worship of most of the other gods requires rituals, altars, and sacrifices, Khorne's demands are simply that his followers spill fresh blood and collect skulls in his name.
Those favored by Khorne often receive his Chaotic "blessings"--mutations. Sometimes these physical alterations take the form of great strength or a beast-like visage, sometimes of frightening physical alterations such as the development of horns, claws or rending talons. Regardless of the mutations that develop, they are displayed proudly by their Khornite recipients and serve both as visible reminders of the Blood God's existence and as inspiration for those who have not yet won his favor.
Daemons of KhorneEdit
Of all the daemons of Chaos, the daemons of Khorne bear the greatest resemblance to the archetypal demon of human mythology, having a human body, cloven hooves, leathery bat-like wings and horned dogs-heads. An earlier model of the Bloodthirster replaced the dog-head with an ugly human face, but recently the model has gone back to its canine-featured roots. They wield a fiery whip and a massive two-headed battleaxe simultaneously in battle. They are the strongest and most aggressive of all the daemons of Chaos. The mightiest Bloodthirster of Khorne is An'ggrath the Unbound, who in the last 10,000 years has only been summoned twice from the Realm of Chaos by Khornite worshippers. Both successful summonings have resulted in great losses for the people of the Warhammer World as thousands fell to his terrible wrath. All Khornate daemons are savage and brutish like their lord, from whose essence in the Realm of Chaos they spring. As a Chaos God, Khorne counts many daemons and other beasts among his army. All are savage and brutish like their lord.
- Bloodletters are ugly, horned humanoids with cloven hooves who tote blood-drinking battleaxes or swords known as Hellblades, which are forged at the foot of the Throne of Skulls; and who wear armour of daemonic brass. They enter horrific frenzies in battle.
- Flesh Hounds are monstrous and ferocious vaguely canine creatures, notorious for their supernatural ability to track down their chosen prey. They bear enchanted collars that make them highly resitant to magic or psychic influences.
- Bloodthirsters are the greater daemons of Khorne. Of all the Daemons, they bear the greatest resemblance to stereotypical demons, having a human body, cloven hooves instead of feet, leathery bat-like wings and horned dog-like or humanoid heads. They wield a whip and a massive two-headed battle axe simultaneously in battle. As the greatest manifestation of the god of war, the dreaded Bloodthirster is one of the most powerful warriors that can be found on the battlefield.
- Juggernauts are massive steeds made of living metal whose blood is liquid fire, generally gifted as mounts to favored champions of Khorne.
- Skulltaker is the Blood God’s immortal champion, the strongest of all Khorne’s Bloodletters. When not campaigning, Skulltaker roams the Realm of Chaos at will, atop his mighty Juggernaut, Kuhl’tyran. He appears before fortress and stronghold, bellowing challenge after challenge at the greatest warrior within until one of their number is foolish enough to meet him in single combat.
- Karanak is the three-headed Flesh Hound that prowls Khorne’s grand throne room. He never sleeps – like the Blood God’s vengeance Karanak is ever watchful. He searches every shadow for intruders and interlopers or else gnaws on bones discarded from the Skull Throne or stalks Bloodletters and Furies through the vaulted hall. As the physical manifestation of Khorne’s vengeance, Karanak is Khorne’s chosen hunter, the Daemon the Blood God unleashes to search out those who have transgressed his warrior creed, or have offered insult to his colossal pride. It is a choice well made, for Karanak is ruthless and implacable, able to follow the blood scent of a quarry across all of space and time in service to his vengeful master.
There exists an ancient rivalry amongst the Lords of Chaos. Khorne's arch enemy is Slaanesh; Khorne is a spartan god who acts outwardly, killing others. He hates the hedonistic Slaanesh, an inwardly acting god who seeks to pleasure himself with every act and experience. As such, Khorne and Slaanesh personify two entirely opposing aspects of Chaos. Also, Khorne favors a straightforward approach to combat, and considers any form of sorcery as cowardly. Thus he is also deeply scornful of Tzeentch and the Changer of Ways' constant plotting and scheming. Yet Slaanesh it is, considered a weakling without martial pride or honour by Khornates, who incurs most of Khorne's hatred.
The Fortress of KhorneEdit
The Fortress of Khorne is Khorne's realm within the Realm of Chaos. It is a monument to fury and bloodshed, and is built upon foundations of murder and conflict. This blood-soaked realm echoes constantly with Khorne's bellows and the clash of weapons. At the centre of this mighty fortress lies the Brass Citadel, where Khorne's macabre Throne of Skulls resides. He sits atop a mountain of skulls, those who have been slain in his name. A great fire pit lights Khorne's gloomy chamber, the dark flames consuming the souls of cowards who have fled from battle. Around the citadel flows a moat, and it is filled not with water, but with the boiling blood of those who have lost their lives to war. Beyond this moat lies league upon league of cracked land, littered with the ravaged bones of those fallen in battle. A mighty crevasse splits the wasteland in two, a canyon many miles long and bottomless. It is said that Khorne himself was once consumed by such rage that he took up his sword and smote the ground, splitting it asunder for eternity. This fell sword is known by many names including Warmaker and The End of All Things, and is capable of laying waste to entire worlds with a single blow.
Khorne in Warhammer Online Edit
Khorne, like the other Chaos Gods, has a very strong presence in Warhammer Online. His mighty followers dwell within the Inevitable City, and also bears a PvE dungeon within the city known as the Bloodwrought Enclave. In this part of the Inevitable City, Khorne's mighty Chosen battle against the Brides of Khaela Mensha Khaine. Aside from the Enclave, Khorne has another dungeon in game known as the Bastion Stair. Khorne's followers are also present in the High Pass area.
|The Gods of Chaos|
|Khorne • Nurgle • Slaanesh • Tzeentch|