Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
NPC, an abbreviation of Non-Player Character, describes all characters in the game that are not directly player controlled, including PvE foes and the friendly inhabitants of your realm. In a RvR game such as WAR, NPCs who are friendly towards PCs (Player Characters) from one realm may be aggressive towards PCs from another realm.
Types of NPCEdit
Many of the NPCs in WAR have one of the following specialized roles, which determine the ways in which they interact with the player. Some NPCs will have more than one of the following roles, such as Merchants who are also Quest Givers. In addition, the strength (in combat) of an NPC is determined both by it's rank (1 - 40) and whether it is normal, a champion, hero or lord - with each type of mob being more powerful than several lesser mobs of the same rank.
- Auctioneers - characters in charge of Auction Houses, which allow players to buy and sell goods.
- Bankers - characters handling your transactions at banks.
- Flight Masters - characters who allow you to travel quickly to other zones.
- Healers - characters who patch you together after a beating or death, healers will remove the debuffs associated with dying.
- Kill Collectors - characters who reward experience for killing specific creatures, based on the number killed.
- Librarians - characters at a library who train special skills or sell trophies based on interesting lore discovered throughout the world of Warhammer Online.
- Merchants - characters who will buy and sell items and equipment.
- Quest Givers - characters who can send PCs on quests and missions.
- Rally Masters - characters who allow you to quickly travel to them, and who reward players for participating in Public Quests.
- Trainers - characters who teach PCs gain new skills, for a price.
There will also be plenty of unfriendly NPCs to interact with in more violent ways: