Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other Bestiary entries see the index.
|Sub-Type||Insects & Arachnids|
The southern forests of the Old World are full of all kinds of spiders, some of which grow to a massive size and are known as Giant Spiders. Their bodies are generally black or reddish-brown, sometimes with other, more brightly coloured markings, and their long hairy legs can clamber over the roughest terrain. Giant Spiders are deadly adversaries, with mandibles like steel pincers which can deliver a poisonous bite.
Tome Unlocks Edit
|Task||Rewards||Order Text||Destruction Text|
|Encounter a Giant Spider||XP: 84||N/A|
|Kill 25 Giant Spiders||XP: 204||N/A|
|Tacky Decor||Title: The Spider Slayer, XP: 336||Barak Varr: Explore Monster Habitat||Troll Country: Explore Monster Habitat|
|Kill 100 Giant Spiders||XP:500||N/A|
|Fast Finds||Beastial Tactic Fragment, XP: 806||Chrace: Complete a Specific Task||Nordland: Complete a Specific Task|
|Kill 1,000 Giant Spiders||Bestial Token, XP: 1050||N/A|
|Big Identity Crisis||Beastial Tactic Fragment, XP: 1436||Thunder Mountain: Vanquish a Champion Monster|
|Kill 10,000 Giant Spiders||Title: Scourge of the Arachnids, XP: 1716||N/A|
|Sacking for Sacs||Crow Caller Chain, XP: 1800||Chaos Wastes: Gather Spefic Items and Deliver them to Someone in Need.||Thunder Mountain: Gather a Specific Item|
|Kill 100,000 Giant Spiders||???||N/A|
Tome Text Edit
There are hundreds of different species of arachnid in the world, and their appearance varies wildly based upon their surroundings and their proximity to the warping influence of Chaos.
The Giant Spider is a massive example of its breed, and the toxicity of its venom is certainly apace with its large size. As the beasts grow larger, they need to bring down proportionately larger prey to keep themselves fed.
"Herbord? There seems to be a large spider nesting in our garden. Could you take a large frying pan and shoo it away please?"
"Silke! The bloody thing's the size of a goat! Arrggh! I can't see! It sprayed me with something and I can't see! Silke, get help!
-Last words of Herbord Fetterngord
Named Giant SpidersEdit
- Venomcoil R3 (Normal) - Grimmenhagen Nordland
- Venomkiss R4 (Champion) - Norsca
- Manbane R4 (Champion) - Nordland
- Venomstalker R7 (Champion) - Blighted Isle
- The Devourer R7 (Champion) - Webworks PQ, Nordland
- Screamfang R9 (Champion) - Norsca
- Bloodboil R9 (Champion) - Nordland
- Ensinbane R9 (Champion) - Dragonscale Caverns Chrace
- Poison Web R9 (Champion) - Chrace
- Spinderkraken R9 (Hero) - Norsca
- Vermina R10 (Champion) - Mount Bloodhorn
- Wetfang Widow R11 (Champion) - Barak Varr
- Solethrik R11 (Hero) - Mount Bloodhorn
- Soulbane R11 (Hero) - Shadowlands
- Patriach Silken R13 (Hero) - Ostland
- Shadowfang R13 (Champion) - Shadowlands
- Deadbite R17 (Champion) - Ostland
- Venom-Creeper R19 (Champion) - Ostland
- Agolathad R21 (Champion) - Avelorn
- Blackvenom R21 (Hero) - Avelorn
- Bloodrot R21 (Champion) - Rindlewood Talabecland
- Inkonalak R22 (Normal) - Avelorn
- Brood Mother Szikalax R23 (Hero) - Mount Gunbad
- Foulwind R24 (Normal) - Cave of Narielle Avelorn
- Bloodvenom R25 (Champion) - High Pass
- Orakrix the Sunderer R25 (Champion) - Moonfang Remnant PQ Black Fire Pass
- Rroth R32 (Normal) - Black Crag
- Livish R35 (Champion) - Thunder Mountain
- Azar R36 (Champion) - Thunder Mountain
- Thrum da Black R37 (Normal) - Da Burnin Humies Cinderfall
- Emberweb Widow R40 (Champion) - Black Crag
- Dralel the Whitefire Matron R44 (Lord) - Lost Vale
Butchering Giant Spiders results in the following types of apothecary ingredients:
- Chitin Shard (Armor)
- Ichor (Heal)
- Arachnid Venom (Toughness)
- Zoic Gore (Stabilizer)
- Animal Humor (Restoration)