The Collector's Edition of Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning is a special version of the game packed with a number of collectable extras.
The Collector's Edition of the game was released on March 26th, 2008 for pre-order in a limited run of 60,000 copies in North America and 55,000 copies in Europe. On May 29th 6,000 copies were announced for Australia & 1,500 for New Zealand. A pre-order partnership program has been set up with a number of retailers: EB Games, Game Stop, EA Store, Amazon.com, GoGamer.com, and Game Crazy in North America, and Play.com, HMV, Game Express, BilligeSpil.dk, Fona, Coolshop, CD Galaxis, empik.com, Ultima, gram.pl, Spelbutiken, Discshop, EB Games, Fnac, Verkkokauppa and Virgin Megastores in the various European territories. This special edition package contains a large set of extras and special features by gaming standards, including the ability to begin playing the game before release. Any versions of the game that were pre-ordered prior to March 26th, 2008 were not recognized by EA Mythic, and will not be eligible for these features. If a player who lives in Canada wishes to pre-order the game to ensure all content, the only current way of doing so is through the EA Store.
- Games Workshop Miniature - A miniature of Orc warboss Grumlok being ridden by Goblin shaman Gazbag. Assembly and painting are required in line with most Games Workshop miniatures.
- Original Graphic Novel - Warhammer Online - Prelude To War is a 128-page full colour graphic novel depicting events just prior to the beginning of WAR from the perspective of each race. The stories are Hill of the Dead (Chaos), Shadow of the Hunter (Dark Elf), WAAAGH! Grumlok (Greenskin), Thunder Mountain (Dwarf), Northern Fire, (Empire), and The Shining Guard (High Elf). All stories were written by Games Workshop's Graham McNeill, and illustrated by Chad Hardin, Joe Abraham, Rahsan Ekedal, Tony Parker, and Kevin Hopgood.
- The Art of Warhammer Online - A 224 page hardcover art book filled with the game's concept art.
- Open Beta Access - A promise to invite all Collector's Edition owners into the Open Beta phase of development. When pre-ordering the game, a player will receive (sometimes up to a few days after,) a promo-code to be input into the Beta Center (or the European Beta Center). When entered, the Beta Center account is tagged, and an automatic invite for the final stage of testing will be created. A player must have a Beta Center profile to enable this feature. If a player orders more than one version of the Collector's Edition, they must register more than one Beta Center account.
- Live Game Headstart - Another promo-code enabled feature. When the player receives the promo code for the Headstart, they will be able to input it into the Mythic account management site. This will allow players to begin playing the game for a time period (not yet determined) of days prior to the game's launch. If the promo-code for the Headstart is not registered, it will expire after the game has been released. A player must have an Account Management profile to enable this feature.
- Mousepad - European Exclusive. European players will receive a special WAR-themed gaming mousepad with their Collector's Edition.
In addition to the real world benefits of the Collector's Edition, the CE will feature numerous in-game items, quests, rewards, and titles. These are available only to players who buy the CE, and will not be transferable to non-CE accounts. Some of the included items are entirely dependent on where the CE is purchased from, because of this it will be impossible to collect all of the CE extra-items on one account.
- Rittenbach's Portable Camp - Assumed to be a way to quickly rest your character in the game world. Available to all collector's edition pre-orders.
- Sentinel's Amber Band - Enhances statistics and enables the ability Touch of Earth. Only available to EB Games & GameStop pre-orders. This is the only item available to Australian & New Zealand pre-orders.
- Guardian's Iolite Band - Enhances statistics and enables the ability Touch of Spirit. Only available to Amazon.com, Go-Gamer.com, GameCrazy, thesource.ca & EAStore pre-orders.
- Champion's Sapphire Band - Enhances statistics and enables the ability Touch of Frost. Only available to Best Buy & BestBuy.com pre-orders.
- Libram of Insight - A consumable item that when used will increase XP gains by 10% for 120 minutes. Has a cooldown of 90 minutes and 3 uses. Available to all collector's edition pre-orders.
- The Only Way To Fight - An Order PVE quest. Completing it will enable the Brewmaster title, as well as Furd's Bottomless Mug.
- A Life In The Balance - An Order PVE quest. Completing it will enable The Balanced title, as well as Yenlui Orb.
- Enemies Abound - An Order PVE quest. Completing it will enable The Purifier title, as well as Seal of the Faitful.
- Out In The Open - An Order PVP quest. Completing it will enable the Ravenslayer title, as well as Crest of the Ravenslayer.
- Know Thy Enemy - An Order PVP quest. Completing it will enable the Brutecleaver title, as well as Gareksson's Brutebashin' Ring.
- Centuries In The Making - An Order PVP quest. Completing it will enable the Hopebringer title, as well as Cloak of Nargarythe.
- Ogre Wine - A Destruction PVE quest. Completing it will enable the Piledigger title, as well as Gutbuster's Best Gourd.
- All Wrapped Up - A Destruction PVE quest. Completing it will enable The Power Hungry title, as well as The Unblinking Eye.
- Sense of Style - A Destruction PVE quest. Completing it will enable the Painmaster title, as well as Blackwing's Implements.
- Spoils of War - A Destruction PVP quest. Completing it will enable the Griffonslayer title, as well as Griffonslayer's Mantle.
- Sacred Undertaking - A Destruction PVP quest. Completing it will enable the Bloodknight title, as well as Habiliment of Khaine.
- Stuntie's Is For Scrappn' - A Destruction PVP quest. Completing it will enable the da Scrapper title, as well as Stunty Noggin.
- Each player who orders the Collector's Edition will receive twelve additional character heads for further customization during character creation. Each race has a unique head for both male and female characters.
- The character heads are not available in the character creation screen. The player will receive an item in the mail, along with other Collector's Edition rewards. The player needs to speak to an NPC who can dye his gear in order to apply the new head.